2011年7月4日星期一

All About My Britain Dream

I read the book named "life translated" when I was 12. It talked about a girl named Jennifer who came from the same city (Shenzhen) as mine, went to Felsted School in Britian at her age of sixteen in 1995.

book cover

At that time, study abroad wasn't as popular as right now, she had no idea what was waiting for her in the future. As all the teenagers at this age, She was full of passion and brave enough to chase her dream. All my early impression of Britain came from her story. I fell in love with the sky, the massive buildings and even the red telephone box in her story.

I started to dream to come here one day but in the end I went to USA instead. It's also one of the reasons why I am in this program.

I know all my friends in USA were amazed when they heard that I am from China and went here alone. But still I am two years older than Jennifer when she went to Britain. I can totally imagine how she felt and went through all the fun&trouble.

The novel was adapted for the screen later on and here's a short video in Youtube. I am totally gonna review the novel and I bet it's completely different feeling after 7 years.

Cheers!

没有评论:

发表评论